Monday, 23 April 2007

Our Writing

We are learning to write a story that people want to read.
We wanted to make our first line interesting to make people want to keep on reading. Here are some of our first lines. I wonder what will happen next ...

Mysterious screeching coming out of nowhere. Sam C
“Screech” “Alright what was that?" Then I burst back in fright. By Lewis
On one Sunday morning I was reading a story in my bedroom. By Lachlan
I woke up ready to pounce. Sarah C
Yesterday it was my birthday. By Georgia
In the fantastic holidays Dad drove me to Cable Bay. By Stella
In the hot holidays I hiked to the hairdresser. By Mai
I woke up and boom! By Tarrin

2 comments:

Paul said...

Hello Room 8

What a god idea! I know that an interesting start always captures my attention. I have seen some stories where the author has written 3 sentences to create 'tension' that has really made me want to keep reading. I would like to see some of your finished stories too - I am sure they will be really interesting to read.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane and Kim!

In Canada, we live beside the Great Lakes, which are some of the largest fresh water lakes in the world! We have alot of water, but we waste a lot too. Thank you very much for being great teachers and helping me learn when I needed help. I will miss you all and thank you. Well anyway I hope you can write back to me.

p.s. When we go back to Canada, I am going to Palmerston Public School in Toronto. I hope we can be E pals.

Sincerely: Lukas